The Tea Room Tradition at St. Philip’s Church
The Tea Room (formerly The Tea Garden) is a St. Philip’s tradition that began in 1952 by the Women’s Auxiliary and was directed by Mrs. Carlton Davies (Hattie). In its first years, the Tea Room was held in the old “Shell Shop,” now known as the Tea Garden House. The Tea Room tradition was reintroduced in 2003. Lunch is served daily (weekdays only) for one week in the Spring and is served in St. Philip’s Parish House and Courtyard. Many volunteers, men, women, and youth donate their time, talents and treasures to this project. Proceeds from the Tea Room benefit St. Philip's foreign and home missions, St. Philip's choirs, and junior and senior high youth ministries.
For more information, please contact the church office, (843) 722-7734 or email: email@example.com