Make a Palm Cross and Join Us For Worship Online on Palm Sunday!
St. Philippians and Friends,
Thank you to all who submitted feedback about our online worship offering! Most of you streamed the service without trouble, but we have some solutions for those of you who did encounter issues. The link below will take you to the streaming site; the Palm Sunday service will begin a few minutes before 10:30 a.m. with the Prelude.
Some Notes and Suggestions
- If you arrive late to the service, you may opt instead to watch on Vimeo or YouTube; it is not possible to rewind the stream.
- If you arrive early to the service and the stream doesn't begin on its own, try refreshing.
- If you wish to watch on your TV, you may choose instead to watch using the Vimeo or YouTube app available on your smart TV (make sure to subscribe at the links below so you can easily find us on your TV). Some people are also able to view the stream on the TV by connecting the computer to the TV using an HDMI cable.
- If you are having trouble with continual buffering (when the stream or video stops or seems to pause as your computer downloads data), try watching on Vimeo or YouTube a little later in the day when there is less Internet traffic.
- If you have any other technical difficulties or you miss the service for any reason, you will still be able to access it on our Vimeo or YouTube channel.
- The service will remain available online after the stream is over. This means that should you miss the service for any reason, you will still be able to watch later.
- A service bulletin is available for you to view or print now. We have reformatted our traditional bulletin so that you may print it at home. There is a complete version which looks just like what you're used to, and there's an abbreviated version that you may print using a single sheet of paper (front and back). People who have both handheld devices and laptops or desktops may choose to view the bulletin on one screen and the service on another, but we also plan to have the words you will need to participate on the worship screen.
- Even though you're at home, you may still give your weekly offering online. You may give securely using the link below; there is also a link at the top of this page and at the top of our streaming site. You may also mail your offering to the church office (142 Church St., Charleston, SC 29401).
- We are here to help you if you have any questions about the online worship process! The church office building is closed, but your church staff is still working remotely––please don't hesitate to reach out through email.
Make Your Own Palm Cross!We are accustomed to arriving to church on Palm Sunday and being greeted with palm crosses, which we promptly (and carefully) pin to our jackets, blouses, or dresses. You can help your household experience Palm Sunday more fully by making your own palm crosses using the video tutorial with St. Philippian Joanna Macmurphy below. And you can remind those in your neighborhood about the beginning of Holy Week by placing a green branch or palm frond on your front door!
Daily Devotions With the St. Philip's Clergy to Begin Monday!
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you're doing in this time of isolation. We know that you are eager for your weekly classes to resume, and in the meantime, the clergy will be offering a daily devotion. These five-minute videos will be posted to Vimeo and YouTube and linked on our website. If you would also like a direct link to the video delivered by email, please click the link below to subscribe.