Walk for Water
March 25, 2023
9:00am – 12:00pmCategory: World Missions Off-campus
Every day millions of people have to walk miles and miles just for water. Most of the time, the water they can find is contaminated and makes them sick. Water Mission, one of St. Philip's world mission partners, is changing lives, one community at a time, through their sustainable safe water solutions.
Each dollar raised by this event is going to make an impact through a safe water community development project! We hope you'll consider supporting our team by making a donation or registering to walk with us.
The first 100 people to join Team St. Philip’s can register for free with code STPHILIPS23!
Register to walk, learn more, or make a donation at the link below––let's go, Team St. Philip's!
Questions? Contact team captains Hamlin O'Kelley or Danielle Folline.
Facts about the global water crisis:
- 2.2 billion people around the world lack access to safe water. That is one-third of the world's population.
- 3 billion people have not heard the gospel.
- One person dies every 37 seconds from water-related illnesses.
- In Africa, women collectively spend 200 million hours walking for water each day.
- 443 million school days are missed by children every year because of the global water crisis.
- 50% of the developing world's hospital beds are filled with people suffering from water-related illnesses.
- 4.2 billion people lack access to adequate sanitation
More in Off-campus
April 23, 2023 4:00pm – 6:00pmWine and Cheese Reception ~ Generations Ministry