Join Us For Holy Communion on Sunday!
Worship with us on the Seventeenth Sunday After Pentecost, September 27––the Reverend Justin C. Hare will be preaching. Read on for in-person and online options.
We are offering in-person worship with services of Holy Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.! If you reserved space, you may get checked in and seated by an usher beginning 45 minutes before the start of the service; the ushers will begin seating those without reservations on a first-come, first-served basis five minutes before each service. Note that the 10:30 service did reach maximum capacity, but there is still space available at the 8:15 service, and registration has been extended.
If you are attending the service, please read the document below, which outlines all of the precautions that the celebrant and other clergy will take, along with guidelines for those who will be receiving the sacrament. Here are a few notes:
- The celebrant and other priests distributing communion will use hand sanitizer after receiving communion themselves and before distributing to the congregation.
- The celebrant will receive Holy Communion in both kinds (bread and wine), but the other priests and the congregation will receive bread only.
- Ushers will direct communicants to communion stations. Communion will not be administered at the altar. Please remain six feet apart while in line.
- Those who prefer not to come forward for Holy Communion and those worshipping from home are encouraged to participate in Spiritual Communion and to pray the included prayer for such circumstances.
Worship Online Sunday Night
Please note that for the time being, the weekly service video will be available beginning Sunday evenings (usually by about 7:00 p.m.) instead of Sunday mornings. We understand this may be an inconvenience, and the vestry and staff are actively working toward equipping our historic church sanctuary with internet access so that we are able to show the service in real time. In the interim, the service will continue to be recorded and then edited and uploaded to our YouTube and Vimeo channels.
Here are some notes we have been sharing each week about worshipping online:
- A service bulletin is available for you to view or print now. We have reformatted our traditional bulletin so that you may print it at home. There is a complete version which looks just like what you're used to, and there's an abbreviated version that you may print using less paper. People who have both handheld devices and laptops or desktops may choose to view the bulletin on one screen and the service on another, but we also plan to have the words you will need to participate on the worship screen.
- Even though you're at home, you may still give your weekly offering online. You may give securely using the link below or at the top of this page. You may also mail your offering to the church office (142 Church St., Charleston, SC 29401).
- We are here to help you if you have any questions about the online worship process! Please don't hesitate to reach out through email or to call the church office.
More in News
January 21, 2022Worship With Us on the Third Sunday of Epiphany!
January 18, 2022How to Pray for Our World Mission Partners and Missionaries
January 18, 2022House of Prayer: January Prayer Points