Upcoming Mission Opportunities: Honduras and Uganda
HONDURAS: March 2–8
Connie and Jeff Rink are taking a team of 10 people to LAMB in Honduras to offer dental services, and they have openings for volunteers to come along––no dental experience required! Team members will also have the opportunity to enter into the life at the LAMB Children’s Home, jump in to help with the children, as well as experience the full scope of the beautiful ministries at LAMB.
UGANDA: April 20–May 1
Jayne and Tom Gurley are offering an opportunity in April following Easter to go on a short-term mission to Uganda, the country Hemingway called “The Pearl of Africa.” The mission will be based at Uganda Christian University and Medical School, a center for excellence in the in the heart of Africa and a distinctly Anglican university (www.ucu.ac.ug).
As an exploratory mission, varied opportunities will be available, including:
- meeting the administration, faculty, students, and alumni from UCU
- developing potential longer-term relationships and exploring future opportunities
- attending Sunday and Community worship with the student body during the week
- meeting one-on-one with faculty and staff with common interests
- visiting a Water Mission project
- visiting a Save the Mothers baby-friendly clinic
- visiting Murchison Falls National Park and going on a safari to observe Uganda’s national treasure, wild African animals, and taking a boat ride up the Nile
Come join Tom and Jayne at an information meeting in the Parlor (first floor of the church office building) on Sunday, January 29, following the 10:30 service. The Gurleys would also be glad to meet individually with anyone interested in learning more about this trip at your convenience.
From Tom and Jayne: This may be the experience of a lifetime! Our lives were hugely impacted by our time living in Uganda at UCU. Our tentative plan is a 10–12 day trip including travel days. Please pray about this opportunity and contact us if you are interested in knowing more.
Tom Gurley: (330) 957-9191 or email@example.com
Jayne Gurley: (330) 801-9460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More in News
September 30, 2023Worship With Us on the Eighteenth Sunday After Pentecost!
September 30, 2023The St. Philip's inSPIRE
September 26, 2023Water is Life