The Tea Room Tradition at St. Philip’s Church
The Tea Room is a St. Philip’s tradition that was begun in 1952 by the Women’s Auxiliary and directed by Mrs. Carlton "Hattie" Davies. In its first years, the Tea Room was held in the old “Shell Shop,” now known as the Tea Garden, and after some years off, the Tea Room tradition was reintroduced in 2003. Lunch is served daily in the St. Philip’s Parish House and courtyard for one week in the spring. Many volunteers––men, women, and youths––donate their time, talents, and treasures to this project. Proceeds from the Tea Room benefit St. Philip's foreign and home missions, St. Philip's choirs, and youth ministries.
Click here for volunteer job descriptions.
Volunteer signup Favorite Dessert Recipes
Donating to the gift shop:
• Non-perishable food items (securely closed and neatly labeled)
• Baked goods (individually wrapped and neatly labeled––accepted Tea Room week)
• Handmade jewelry, scarves
• Handmade soaps, candles
• Coffee table books, cookbooks (new)
• Original artwork, photography
• Notecards, stationery
Let Us know what you're donating!
Questions? Contact Tea Room co-chairs Amanda Ayers and Hope Gamble at firstname.lastname@example.org.