Frontier Missions and Our New Missions Partner
- There are 7 billion people in the world.
- There are 17,000 ethnolinguistic people groups that make up the 7 billion people.
- Of those 17,000 groups, 7,000 are considered to be out of reach of the gospel of Jesus Christ (commonly referred to as “unreached”).
- These 7,000 unreached groups consist of 3.13 billion people––approximately 40% of the world’s population have no access to the gospel!
Anglican Frontier Missions is an organization focused on reaching these precious ones for whom Christ died, just as He did for you and me. You may have heard the term “10/40 window” before. The picture below depicts where the majority of these people reside.
The 10/40 Window is the rectangular area of North Africa, the Middle East and Asia approximately between 10 degrees north and 40 degrees north latitude. The 10/40 Window is often called "The Resistant Belt" and includes the majority of the world's Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. ––The Joshua Project
Some more disturbing realities:
- Of the 400,000 missionaries on the field across the world today, only 3% are working among the 40% of the world who does not know Christ. That would be one missionary for every 250,000 people.
- Of all the giving to Christian causes, only 1% goes towards bringing the gospel to these unreached people and places. 99% goes to the already reached areas of the world.
You see the resource imbalance of huge proportions here. The inclusion of AFM in our annual budget is a small step in the right direction of participating more fully in our Lord’s command to take the good news of Christ “to the ends of the earth.”
Here is a link to an excellent 5-minute video that explains the task for us as Christians today:
Here is a link to a 4-minute video about AFM featuring the Rev. Chris Royer, Director of AFM:
If you are interested in learning more about efforts among the unreached, take a look at the boatload of information out there online among many of today’s evangelical mission thinkers. Some good resources are The Joshua Project, Finishing the Task, and Global Frontier Mission.
More in News
May 14, 2021Worship With Us on the Sunday After the Ascension!
May 11, 2021Two Ways to Plumb the Depths of the Ten Commandments
May 7, 2021Worship With Us on the Sixth Sunday of Easter!