House of Prayer: February Prayer Points
“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” ––Isaiah 56:7
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise.” ––Psalm 100:4
Answered Prayers (Thank You, Lord):
1. The Mere Anglican Conference was a HUGE success.
- The speakers arrived safely and gave excellent messages.
- The organization, volunteers, and every detail were perfect.
- The event was sold out and the facilities both at the Music Hall and Hotel worked well.
- Many nations and many states from US were represented fulfilling the Isaiah 56:7 Scripture, “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.” Lord, we give YOU all the glory and honor for all that you did through this conference.
2. That the Washington Prayer Breakfast went well.
Prayer Points for Local Needs:
1. For Bishop Chip Edgar, that he would have the wisdom needed to lead this diocese. For a solution to the ownership of the diocesan residence that he and Beth live in.
2. For our clergy and their families, for good health, protection, and fresh vision for 2023.
3. For continued healing for Brian’s eyes.
4. For our Vestry: for wisdom, discernment, and protection for them and their families. Pray for the upcoming election and selection of new members.
5. For Sandra Anderson and Jane McGreevy’s plans to further develop Generations Ministry to be successful.
6. For the success of the new men’s Bible study led by Mark Finlay and gathering at Henry’s.
7. For protection for our children in the things they are hearing, the things they are being taught, and the things they are seeing that are contrary to the Word of God. Have mercy, dear Lord. For godly school boards, school principals, and teachers, that they would allow only appropriate material to be taught.
8. For God’s choice for the upcoming election for the Mayor of Charleston.
9. For excellent plans for the Union Pier development. May it be balanced and those working on it to be unified and wise.
Prayer Points for the Nations
1. England: For the new prime minister, Rishi Sunak, to help bring unity to the country and stability to their economy.
2. Ukraine: For Putin to be willing to negotiate a peace settlement and stop the war.
3. Taiwan: That China would NOT invade this country and they remain a free, independent nation.
4. Israel: For the Prime Minister Netanyahu to be able to govern with godly wisdom and to have the ability to inspire the citizens and to communicate expertly with the world. For protection for Israel’s borders. For peace between the Palestinians and Israel.
5. Haiti: For a new, godly president for the country. For the gangs to be broken up.
6. Turkey and Syria: Pray that survivors from the 7.8 earthquake will be found and that Water Mission’s units arrive safely.
7. United States:
- For protection for the members of the Supreme Court and their families. For wisdom and unity.
- For the fear of the Lord to guide all meetings in Congress and special committee meetings.
- For wisdom for the military advisors dealing with all the issues around the world. That the recent shooting down of the Chinese balloon would not cause complications with China.
- For the new members of Congress to be godly people who make wise decisions on behalf of the country.
- For inflation to come under control, especially as it affects seniors, the poor, and those on fixed incomes.
- For the immigration problems to be solved and for the cartels to lose their power. For Congress to be proactive in dealing with it.
Matthew 25:23: In the Parable of the Talents, verse 23 reads, “Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord.” May we strive to be faithful over all that He gives us to do in 2023 so He can bless us with all the new things that He wants to introduce at St. Philip’s.
Happy Valentine’s Day! May you radiate the love of Christ to all those near and dear to you.
More in News
May 27, 2023Worship With Us on the Day of Pentecost: Whitsunday!
May 23, 2023Summer Outreach Opportunities
May 23, 2023Senior Send-Off at Church and Youth Group