House of Prayer: April Prayer Points
“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” –Isaiah 56:7
“The effective fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16a
1. For our new assistant sexton, Loretta Williams.
2. For Archbishop Foley Beach’s visit and excellent message.
3. For good news from all of our mission and outreach, both at home and abroad.
4. For the increased participation in Water Mission’s Walk for Water.
5. For glorious music ministry.
Prayer Points for Local Needs
1. For our new Bishop, Chip Edgar, and his wife, Beth, and for their smooth transition into Charleston and this Diocese, and for renovations in the episcopal residence to be completed.
2. For good health and safety for our clergy and their families.
3. For Jeff’s sabbatical this summer to be a blessing to him and his family.
4. For safety for those going on the pilgrimage to Germany to see the Passion Play.
5. For the upcoming mission to England for our choir.
6. For continuing success for Theology on Tap, as well as the Foundations class.
7. For a good response to the next Spiritual Gifts class in May.
8. For the necessary volunteers for the Tea Room outreach: in serving, preparing soup, baking desserts, and donating items for the gift shop.
9. For wisdom for the Vestry regarding all decisions being made.
10. For the State Supreme Court (Justices Beatty, Few, Kittredge, James, and Lockemy) to rule in our Diocese’s favor, particularly regarding Camp St. Christopher. That the thinking and writing of each Justice will be guided by humility, Godly wisdom, and true discernment. Pray they may rule justly and with courage.
11. For the reputation of Charleston as the Holy City to remain and grow more in righteousness.
12. For our leadership (the mayor, city council, and our governor)––for the fear of the Lord to be in all their meetings and decisions.
- For safety for our police and first responders.
- For employee issues for our small businesses to be solved and positions filled.
- For a solution to the need for affordable housing.
Prayer Points for the Nations:
1. For Ukraine:
- For a miracle to stop Putin and the war.
- For the humanitarian aid to get through and for evacuation efforts in the Mariupol area to get the remaining people out.
- For protection for President Zelensky and his family.
- For wisdom for Zelensky as he attempts to negotiate agreements with Putin.
- Mercy, Lord, for the people in the city of Bucha, who have endured a horrible invasion by the Russian army.
2. For Taiwan:
- That China would NOT invade the country and Taiwan can remain a free and independent nation.
3. For Afghanistan:
- For the women and little girls to be able to go back to school and for freedom from the crushing control that they are having to endure.
4. For Israel:
- For protection and wise leadership for Prime Minister Naftali Bennett.
- For peace within the walls of Jerusalem.
- For protection for this nation from the assaults of the enemy.
5. For America:
- For wisdom for the Supreme Court in following the Constitution and laws.
- For the fear of the Lord and wisdom to guide all meetings going on in Congress and with the president and military leaders.
- For wisdom and discernment for Congress as they consider the current plans to eliminate Title 42, which has been important in immigration issues.
- For the upcoming elections for seats in the House and Senate. May those elected be godly people and have the courage to stand for truth and righteousness.
- For inflation to come under control especially as it affects seniors, the poor and those on fixed incomes.
- Pray that China, Iran, and North Korea NOT become a unified force.
Father rebuild your covenant between God and America again, and forgive our sins as a nation. Have mercy upon us.