House of Prayer: July Prayer Points
“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” ––Isaiah 56:7
“The effective fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much.” ––James 5:16a
Answered Prayers (Thank You, Lord):
1. Good response for the blood drive.
2. Good response continuing for the Theology on Tap outreach.
3. Great attendance at Vacation Bible School.
4. Brian’s excellent teaching to the young people at Camp St. Christopher and the many who responded by accepting Christ.
5. For a successful and safe pilgrimage to the Passion Play and other city visits along the Danube.
Prayer Points for Local Needs
1. For extra measure of wisdom for the Rt. Rev. Chip Edgar, our diocesan bishop, and the Rt. Rev. Ruth Woodliff-Stanley, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina.
2. For favor for the churches granted a rehearing by the State Supreme Court.
3. For good health and safety for our clergy and their families.
4. For protection for the upcoming trip to England for our choir and director Pat Gould.
5. For continuing success for Theology on Tap through the summer.
6. For blessings on the new ministry beginning soon, Theology of Beauty, led by Charles DeAntonio.
7. For wisdom for the Vestry and special committees and the decisions being made.
8. For Marc Collins, our new director of audiovisual content.
9. For the youth group to have a successful summer.
10. For Charleston’s leadership (the mayor, city council, and our governor): for the fear of the Lord to be in all of their meetings and decisions.
11. For peace and comfort for those who lost family members in the shooting during the 4th of July parade in Chicago. Mercy, Lord.
Prayer Points for the Nations:
Answered prayer: The return of Ukranian prisoners of war to their country.
1. For Ukraine:
- For a miracle to stop Putin and the war.
- For the export of the grain shipments to get through the blockade.
- For protection for President Zelensky and his family. II Thessalonians 3:3.
2. For Taiwan:
- That China would NOT invade the country and Taiwan can remain a free and independent nation.
3. For Israel:
- For guidance as they consider a new leader and government.
- For peace within the walls of Jerusalem.
4. For Haiti:
- To raise up a strong, godly president.
- To disband all the gangs running the country.
5. For America:
For protection for the members of the Supreme Court and their families as they adjourn until October.
For the fear of the Lord and wisdom to guide all meetings going on in Congress and with the president and military leaders.
For the upcoming elections for seats in the House and Senate. May those elected be godly people and have the courage to stand for truth and righteousness.
For inflation to come under control, especially as it affects seniors, the poor, and those on fixed incomes.
For the immigration problems to be solved and for the cartels to lose their power.
Prayer: Father, forgive our sins as a nation. Have mercy upon us. We especially give you thanks for the celebration on July 4th for the freedom we have had all these many years. We pray for your mercy to continue that freedom.
More in News
September 23, 2023Worship With Us on the Seventeenth Sunday After Pentecost!
September 19, 2023The Anglican Diocese of South Carolina Launches Ministry at the College of Charleston
September 16, 2023Worship with us on the Sixteenth Sunday After Pentecost!