House of Prayer: May Prayer Points
“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” ––Isaiah 56:7
“The effective fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much.” ––James 5:16a
1. For wonderful participation in all of the Holy Week and Easter services.
2. For the State Supreme Court decision that found in favor of St. Philip’s and 13 other churches to keep their properties.
3. For the wonderful success of the Tea Room outreach.
4. For the successful completion of the Foundations class.
5. For the 40-plus adults confirmed and the 70-plus children confirmed.
Prayer Points for Local Needs
1. For extra measure of wisdom for Bishop Chip Edgar.
2. For healing and guidance for the other 14 churches that the Supreme Court decided against allowing to keep their properties. For ways that their needs can be met as they deal with the verdict. Show us how we might help them.
3. For good health and safety for our clergy and their families.
4. For our Rector’s sabbatical this summer to be refreshing for him and his family.
5. For safety for those going on the pilgrimage to Germany to see the Passion Play.
6. For safety for the upcoming mission to England for our choir and choir director.
7. For continuing success for Theology on Tap.
8. For a good response to the spiritual gifts workshop in May.
9. For the necessary volunteers and food donations for the Tea Room outreach and that it is well attended.
10. Wisdom for the vestry and special committees and the decisions being made.
11. For the necessary volunteers to serve daily as we open the church doors to visitors.
12. For Charleston’s leadership( the mayor, city council, and our governor). For the fear of the Lord to be in all of their meetings and decisions.
Prayer Points for the Nations:
1. For Ukraine:
- For a miracle to stop Putin and the war. For confusion to his plans for all-out war. Proverbs 19:21.
- For the humanitarian aid to get through everywhere it’s needed.
- For the evacuation of the people in the Mariupol area to succeed.
- For protection for President Zelensky and his family. II Thessalonians 3:3.
- For wisdom for Zelensky and God’s strategic plans for the Ukrainian army.
- Mercy, Lord, for the people who are suffering. Let those trying to help be successful, especially those serving in the many refugee camps.
2. For Taiwan:
- That China would NOT invade the country and Taiwan can remain a free and independent nation.
4. For the Middle East:
- For peace within the walls of Jerusalem, especially on the Temple Mount.
- For peace between Israel and Palestine.
5. For America:
- For wisdom for the Supreme Court in following the Constitution and laws.
- For the fear of the Lord and wisdom to guide all meetings going on in Congress and with the president and military leaders.
- For wisdom and discernment for Congress as they consider the current plans to eliminate Title 42, which has been important in immigration issues.
- For the upcoming elections for seats in the House and Senate. May those elected be godly people and have the courage to stand for truth and righteousness.
- For inflation to come under control, especially as it affects seniors, the poor, and those on fixed incomes.
- Pray that China, Iran, and North Korea NOT become a unified force.
Prayer: Father, rebuild your covenant between God and America again, and forgive our sins as a nation. Have mercy upon us.
More in News
September 26, 2023Water is Life
September 23, 2023Worship With Us on the Seventeenth Sunday After Pentecost!
September 19, 2023The Anglican Diocese of South Carolina Launches Ministry at the College of Charleston